Speak Syntax To Me Baby
|Aug. 9th, 2013 04:31 pm Re: Vividcon 2013 Vids|
So I am getting my VVC post-show vid posts ready so I don't have to rely on the hotel's wifi to upload my vids, so I can just click "make public" (SEE? I AM LEARNING). And I have some questions:1 comment - Leave a comment
1) Which format would you like to be able to download my vids in: WMV, AVI, MOV, MP4, other: _____
2) Would you want a high-quality d/l, low file size (compromised quality), or a link for both?
3) Would you like the d/l links to be on my LJ/DW or would you be okay if I just put them in the Ao3 entry?
4)I'll be posting streaming links to both vimeo and youtube. Which would you want me to embed in the Ao3 entry?
|Aug. 9th, 2013 03:56 pm Vividcon 2013 Vids & Links|
Since it's hard for me to keep track of all the d/l links I plaster all over the internets, I'm confining them to my Archive account. I prefer comments there, as well.Leave a comment
Title: Most Beautiful Girl in the Room a LKBV
Fandom, pairing: Captain America, Iron Man, Avengers; Tony/Steve
Artist, Song: "Most Beautiful Girl In The Room" Flight of the Conchords
Download Links: On AO3.
( Vimeo embed below cut, pass is 'awkward'Collapse )
Title: We R Who We R
Fandom: Lost Girl + Sherlock
Artist, Song: "We R Who We R" Ke$ha
Download Links: On AO3.
( Vimeo embed below cut, password is 'hipsters'Collapse )
Title: A Little More Action (Movies)
Fandom: Action Movie Heroines
Artist, Song: "A Little Less Conversation (Radio Edit)" Elvis vs JXL
Download Links: On AO3.
Sources: Aeon Flux, Ultraviolet, Mr and Mrs Smith, Serenity, Tank Girl, Thor, Suckerpunch, Wanted, Avengers, Iron Man 2, Underworld, Red: Werewolf Hunter, Hunger Games
( vimeo embed, password is 'badass'Collapse )
Title: We Are Were
Fandom: Werewolf Movies
Artist, Song: "Monsters" Electric President
Download Links: On AO3.
Sources: The Wolfman (2010), Underworld (2003), Red: Werewolf Hunter (2010), Cursed (2005), Blood and Chocolate (2007), Skinwalkers (2006), Little Red Riding Hood (2009)
( vimeo embed below cut, password is 'werewolves'Collapse )
Title: Shake It Out
Fandom, character: Once Upon A Time; Regina Mills
Artist, Song: "Shake It Out" Florence + The Machine
Download Links: On AO3.
( Vimeo embed below cut, password is 'daniel'Collapse )
|Aug. 8th, 2013 05:55 pm VVC and an AO3 stats meme|
I'm headed to vivid con next week! I'll actually be hitting up Chicago Tuesday for 2 reasons: 1) I have some friends who live there that I only ever see one convention a year, and 2) GISHWHES. 2 comments - Leave a comment
I'm trying not to think about all the things I have to do before I'm ready to go. Like finish packing, find a bag that is the right size to be a personal item carry-on on Virgin Airlines that will fit my laptop and accoutrements in it, make sure the clothes I want to wear get washed on time, make sure I have enough moneys in my accounts to cover travel expenses, get to know my GISHWHES team, ET CETERA.
Comment if you're going to VVC WHAT WHAT!
( And now for something completely differentCollapse )
|Aug. 2nd, 2013 11:27 pm GISHWHES: team?|
So I decided to do GISHWHES this year, and I was all set to join my friend's team (she lives in Chicago, so I was going to fly into the city early for VVC and do some GISHWHES-ness with her tuesday-thursday.Leave a comment
But they've just dissolved the team (luckily I didn't sign up for the team before I checked the FB group page.
So I'm asking: any VVC-Bound peeps want to join a GISHWHES team with me and help me be awesome in Chicago before and during VVC?
|Jul. 9th, 2013 09:49 pm Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy universe! fic, and art|
Title: The Planet...Leave a comment
Summary: On the furthest reaches of some part of space (it's not really important), there is a Planet where unfortunate English Majors often find themselves visiting, and then often find themselves leaving quite soon after that. The Planet...
Title: Art Nouveau Arthur Dent
Secret Title: Arthur Nouveau
Medium: Digital manipulation
Available for purchase on my Redbubble art page.
|May. 1st, 2013 04:02 pm 21 First Lines|
I'm all about the gif memes on Tumblr, but I totes forgot about the fic memes on LJ. HI PEOPLE *words echo around an empty room* WHAT FEW ARE LEFT.Leave a comment
FIRST LINES MEME (first lines of each of my fics)
(1) It's after they're safe, safe (the word unfamiliar in John's mouth, discordant), in the back of the ambulance, warm red shock blankets wrapped around their shoulders.
(2) When he comes to visit her in the hospital, for what feels like the first and possibly last time, her smile lights up the room.
(3) In Arthur's dying breath, Merlin feels the world stop.
(4) “Say it,” Castiel says, his voice echoing across an empty room, across Dean like the shadow of his wings, extending outward.
(5) At night, they tell the stories of the Gods, offer prayers to their protectors- long dead, alive in memory and tale and lesson.
(6) The day the strange blue police box appears on Atlantis' west pier is the same day they find out the Wraith are three days away, with hive ships numbering in the tens.
(7) Their first trip back on earth, since...well, you know, was a little strained.
(8) Across the street from Rodney's apartment building is Atlantis, the local independent record store.
(9) When Rodney told John what he intended to do, that he intended to let the Wraith feed on him to save his sister, something sharp and hollow thudded in John's chest.
(10) Jillian May Sheppard used to sit on her windowsill and dream.
(11) It starts out as a dream, a fragment of something.
(12) When Sheppard comes out from behind the curtain, McKay can actually feel his brain die, just a little bit.
(13) It's nine years later, or maybe more or maybe less, but time stops and goes in landslides and jerking stops for Harry Potter, ever since the War ended.
(14) John drives up the winding mountain road, windows down a crack.
(15) Ronon sees everything broken.
(16) It was a complete surprise, though it shouldn't have been, when John picked up the Ancient Device and Something Bad Happened.
(17) The world is diffused with blue and gold, honey-sweet and timeless.
(18) Severus Snape orders his coffee black.
(19) He couldn't understand it.
(20) “Major?” Rodney's voice, taut with excitement, and Sheppard can feel it, feels his energy like static electricity jumping over the radio connection.
(21) Some job, some client, one level deep on the floor of the museum, and it's the. Fucking. Mona. Lisa.
|Feb. 25th, 2013 01:23 pm vidding problems: aspect ratio|
Ok, this was my first speedbump along the way to proper vidding. I had a vid at Premiers at VVC my first year that had different aspect ratios per source, and therefore had border flickering and overlay issues and basically got torn to shreds in review.1 comment - Leave a comment
And afterwards, thingswithwings cornered me and showed me how to correct aspect ratio in my Sony Vegas software.
And it was all good! Everything was better!
And then I got Adobe Premiere CS4. And everything changed.
I've been pretty great at adjusting aspect ratio thus far. But I seemed to have encountered a problem. I used anydvdhd to rip 3 blu-rays of the 4 I'm using at 1280x720, 1920x1080, and one at 720x480 (i don't know how that one happened). And the regular dvd's at 720x480 widescreen.
Ugh. I am so close to finishing this vid I can TASTE IT. But the aspect ratio! My nemesis!
And it's not like I can just re-rip the blurays...my trial period has expired. and I don't have $80 to purchase it.
What software I have:
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4
Adobe Media Encoder CS4
Help me! Please!?
ETA: fixed it! googled way too much and figured out how to make handbrake do what I want. And then when I imported it, it was all IMMA GONNA MAKE THE PREVIEW SCREEN GREEN AND REFUSE TO PLAY and also it said the source was at 90000 fps, which, ha, no. And i just used the whole 'right-click footage -> interpret footage -> adjust frame rate' and SHEBANG. it was done.
I say this in case anyone ever googles this problem so they can find out how I overcame my frustration and save themselves at least an hour of frantic searching.
|Jan. 18th, 2013 08:44 pm a survey about audio quality in vids|
So I'm making this vid, right, but the audio I was originally going to go with is the live version of the song. I own the recorded version (somewhere), and I would just as rather use an audio track that didn't have random people clapping and cheering in the middle of the song.4 comments - Leave a comment
The problem is that there's a line of the song that is only in the audio version, and it's a line that will be PERFECT for a scene of the movie I'm working with.
What are your thoughts? Would you watch a vid that used a live version of a song? Or would that put you off?
|Dec. 21st, 2012 03:51 pm End of Year TV Meme|
Which TV shows did you start watching in 2012?Leave a comment
Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23. I wasn't going to, but I was curious and then suddenly, I was hooked.
IT Crowd (bbc), because my friend D made me watch three episodes and then suddenly, I was hooked.
New Girl. GOD WHAT MORE CAN A GIRL ASK FOR? Jess is so stunningly like a cuter, more socially-ept me. And the characters are so incredibly 3dimensional and I ship Jess/Nick like a fiend.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I know I KNOW but I never really had seen more than the Musical episode until my friend shoved the first two seasons on me when she moved, and they kind of sat around on my shelf until one day when I was bored I started watching.
In the same scenario as the above, Get Smart. Only seen a few episodes, though.
The Nerdist. I've followed the goingson of Chris Hardwick since a long time ago. I will follow him into hell. Where we will play video games and chat about the broken ac. ANYWAY.
The Finder. WHICH I AM TRES SAD ABOUT OK. I MISS THAT SHOW WITH THE PASSION OF A THOUSAND BURNING SUNS.
Which TV shows did you let go of in 2012?
Burn Notice. I just. I just couldn't keep up.
Person of Interest. I missed an episode and never had a chance to re-watch and then suddenly there were five hundred episodes and I just stopped. One of these day I will enjoy some Clams!
Supernatural. I was lagging in episodes and then a family member deleted one and couldn't remember which one but I had gotten distracted by new shiny shows and kind of thought, "I don't need this." but then a friend on the Tumblrs was like "NO REALLY KEEP WATCHING. DO IT. YOU WILL THANK ME" so I started catching up. But I'm a few episodes behind now. Again. UH KEVIN TRAN. I HEART YOU.
NCIS. I used to love the hell out of this show. But when the new season came back, I was just never in the mood to watch, and then all the episodes were piling up on my recorder and taking up space and I just deleted my season pass.
Which TV shows did you mean to get into but didn't in 2012? Why?
Um. Elementary. I was going to give it a shot. I was eager to see what they did with it, and also to use it as a gateway show to get my mom into Sherlock fandom (she loved Johnny Lee Miller in Eli Stone). But we could never schedule time around it.
People told me about how Breaking Bad was SOOO GOOOD but again, time. I would have to buy it.
The Misfits. A coworker pressured me into getting it and I just haven't even unwrapped it yet.
Which TV show impressed you least in 2012?
Supernatural. But then I got back in.
Which TV show did you enjoy the most in 2012?
OH GOD UM THIS IS HARD. I think Once Upon A Time? or New Girl? Or Haven! AHHHH I DON'T KNOW.
Back a Page